Have you seen your website engagement go down?
Increase-User-Interaction-Website Not sure how to attract new customers and reduce your website’s bounce rate?
When you focus on improving the way people interact with your website, you’ll be able to deliver a better user experience, increase website traffic, and grow your business. Here’s a few things you might want to try:
- Paid search
- Social Media Advertising
- Target high Commercial Intent Keywords as part of your paid search strategies. Competition for these search terms can be fierce (and expensive), but the payoffs can be worth it.
Mix It Up
- There is no magic formula for content marketing success. Vary the length and format of your content to make it as appealing as possible to different kinds of readers.
- Intersperse shorter, news-based blog posts with long-form content as well as video, infographics and data-driven pieces for maximum impact
Write Irresistible Headlines
- Without a compelling headline, even the most comprehensive blog post will go unread.
- Master the art of headline writing.
Pay Attention to On-Page SEO
- Are you making the most of image alt text?
- Are you making the most of image alt text?
- What about meta descriptions?
- Optimizing for on-page SEO doesn’t have to take ages, and it could help boost organic traffic.
Target Long-Tail Keywords
- Get your high commercial intent keyword bases covered
- It’s also time to target long-tail keywords, too. Long-tail keywords account for a majority of web searches, meaning that if you’re not targeting them as part of your paid search or SEO efforts, you’re missing out.
Start Guest Blogging
- Guest blogging isn’t dead. Securing a guest post on a reputable site can increase blog traffic to website and help build brand into the bargain.
- Invite people in your niche to blog on your own site. Be sure that you only post high-quality, original content without spammy links.
Go After Referral Traffic
- Rather than trying to persuade other sites to link back to you (a tedious and time-intensive process), create content that just begs to be linked to.
- Learn what types of links send lots of referral traffic, and how to get them, in this post.
Interview Industry Thought Leaders
- Publish the interviews on your blog. Not only will the name recognition boost your credibility and increase traffic to your website.
- The interviewee will probably share the content too, further expanding its reach
Don’t Neglect Email Marketing
- Be careful not to bombard people with relentless emails about every single update in your business.
- Word-Of-Mouth Marketing, especially from people who are already enjoying your products or services.
Foster a Sense of Community
- Building a community into your site is a great way to start a conversation and increase traffic to your website
- Implement a robust commenting system through third-party solutions such as Facebook comments or Disqus, or create a dedicated forum where visitors can ask questions.
- Manage your community to ensure that minimum standards of decorum are met, however.
Get Active on Social Media
- It’s not enough to produce great content and hope that people find it – the best ways to increase traffic to website is to use social media channels to Promote Your Content.
- LinkedIn has become much more than a means of finding another job, which means you should be posting content to LinkedIn on a regular basis.
- Got a Twitter account? Then join in group discussions with relevant hashtags. Is your audience leaving comments on your Facebook posts? Answer questions and engage with your readers.
- Twitter is ideal for short, snappy (and tempting) links, whereas Google+ promotion can help your site show up in personalized search results and seems especially effective in B2B niches.
Submit Your Content to Aggregator Sites
- Firstly, a disclaimer – don’t spam Reddit and other similar sites hoping to “hit the jackpot” of referral traffic, because it’s not going to happen. Choose a relevant subreddit, submit your content, then watch the traffic pour in. Here’s a list:
Incorporate Video into Your Content Strategy
- Text-based content is all well and good, but video can be a valuable asset in both attracting new visitors and making your site more engaging
- Data shows that information retention is significantly higher for visual material than it is for text, meaning that video is an excellent way to grab – and hold – your audience’s attention, and boost traffic to your website at the same time
Research the Competition
- Use BuzzSumo to check out what your competitors are up to. These services aggregate the social performance of specific sites and content to provide you with an at-a-glance view of what topics are resonating with readers and, most importantly, making the rounds on social media.
- Find out what people are reading (and talking about), and emulate that kind of content to bring traffic to your website.
- People love to learn, and webinars are an excellent way to impart your wisdom to your eagerly awaiting audience.
- Combined with an effective social promotion campaign, webinars are a great way to increase traffic to your website.
- Send out an email a week or so ahead of time, as well as a “last chance to register” reminder the day before the webinar. Make sure to archive the presentation for later viewing, and promote your webinars widely through social media.
- The industry you’re in, chances are there are at least one or two major conventions and conferences that are relevant to your business. Attending these events is a good idea – speaking at them is even better.
- Even a halfway decent speaking engagement is an excellent way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and gain significant exposure for your site.
Survey Your Audience
- Create a short survey that your users can take, which provides them with a way to share their voice, and gives you valuable insight.
- One of the best tools for adding surveys and polls to your website is SurveyMonkey.com. Another great tool is Qualaroo, which allows you to easily create a poll to collect user insights.
- Repurpose your content into different formats, which certain users might enjoy. Then ask them to complete the survey to access the new format, such as an ebook, a podcast so users can take your content on the go, a video guide and have a survey for access.
- Post a poll or survey in your sidebar so it’s easily visible
Craft A Great Autoresponder Series
- Email list is one of the most important assets. It enables you to have a direct line of communication with your subscribers. A successful email campaign will improve repeat visits, engagement, loyalty, referrals, and profit.
- Use a reputable email service provider so that you can get your message into people’s inbox at a high rate (I love Mailchimp!)
- Include options for users to forward your email to others, and to share on social.
- Here is a nice List of 20 newsletter template sources, worth a view.
from WordPress http://ift.tt/1T7SheI